Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
That Tech Group Pty LTD aims to provide it’s Customers with an enjoyable and speedy buying experience by ensuring that it’s Customers, are satisfied with the Hardware Products and services. TTG prides itself in delivering a first rate and accessible service and are always open to receiving constructive feedback. Please take time to read through the below Terms and Conditions and let TTG know if you have any questions.
That Tech Group is the local Australian partner company, representing LA Micro UK. (LAM)
Every product from That Tech Group is rigorously tested and verified before being made available to customers. But, for when faults do occur, we offer an industry-leading 5-year warranty on all non-consumable systems and components.
As soon as new stock arrives at our warehouse it enters our multi-point inspection and testing process. Here, all functions of the server and/or components are checked not only to see that they’re working but how well they’re working.
Any system or component falling below a strict minimum performance rating (all set relevant to the component in question e.g. write speed for HDDs) is refurbished or replaced to ensure the items we supply are of the best possible quality.
However, just like with brand new technology, unforeseen errors and faults can occur from time to time, and getting systems back up and running as quickly as possible is paramount to That Tech Group's service.
That’s why That Tech Group offers an industry-leading 5 Year Warranty on everything from full server systems down to individual components.
Exclusions In fact, the only products not covered by our standard 5 Year Warranty are consumable items; those components which have a limited life defined by how they function. Products we determine as consumable are:
- Hard Drives
However, these will still be covered by a manufacturer’s or That Tech Group (LAM) warranty.
Warranty coverage That Tech Group warranties cover the faults and defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product in line with manufacturer guidelines, such as mechanical failure occurring during standard use.
That Tech Group warranties do not cover faults that arise as a result of:
- Improper maintenance or modification
- Software, media parts or supplies not supplied by That Tech Group
- Operation outside the product’s specifications
- Unauthorised modification or misuse
If you experience a fault with an item within its warranty period, please follow the steps below:
The first step is to register a ticket with the That Tech Group support team here. You'll need to have the following details on hand:
- Details of item being returned, including serial number
- Details of suspected fault
Once requested, the LA Micro Group (UK) Limited Company support team will issue a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number, which must clearly feature on the label of the parcel. All goods must be returned in suitable packaging at the customer’s expense, and received within 7 days of the RMA number being issued.
Please use a recorded post or courier service to return items as we cannot be responsible for returned goods until they are received by us.
Please also ensure the items are suitably protected and packaged. Items not suitably packaged may be signed for as damaged and may result in the RMA being cancelled.
Once the returned items have been received and inspected, a replacement or alternative part item will be shipped, or credit offered if no part is available.
Please address all returned items to:LA Micro Group UK Ltd. RMA 39-40 The Arches, Alma Road Windsor Berkshire SL4 1QZ RMA no.:
That Tech Group supply the highest quality IT hardware sourced from a wide range of trusted suppliers. All items listed on the thattechgroup.com.au site are clearly labelled with their condition and our customers can trust that every single product advertised has been thoroughly tested and verified.
The condition grades of That Tech Group products include:
NEW: This is a brand new, unopened item.
NEW OTHER: This is an unused item. May have experienced minimal testing hours.
DELL BOXED: This is an open Dell product, which has been refurbished by the manufacturer. It's box may have been opened to verify contents and will ship in original packaging.
THAT TECH GROUP REF: This is a pre-owned item which has been tested, refurbished and repackaged.
MANUFACTURER REF: This is a pre-owned item which has been tested, refurbished by its manufacturer and repackaged.
That Tech Group is the local Australian trading style of LA Micro Group (UK) Ltd. (LAM)
"LAM" refers to LA Micro Group (UK) Ltd.
In this warranty statement the following words have the meaning given:
“Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public or bank holiday in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland;
“Hardware Product” means the products ordered by the Customer from LAM in an Order accepted by LAM;
“LAM” means LA Micro Group (UK) Limited Company. It is a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the England and Wales, with its Trading Office located at: 39-40 The Arches, Alma Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1QZ, England, Company Number: 05113241, VAT Number 850-1096-51; and every company which is, for the time being, a subsidiary (as defined in the Companies Act 1985) of that company or holding company (as defined in the Companies Act 1985) of that company or a subsidiary of such holding company;
“Customer” means the person, firm or company ordering from LAM or LAM’s agent or broker. In addition, a customer is any buyer of the LAM’s product for resale who purchases from or through a wholesaler or other intermediate reseller;
“RMA” is an abbreviation for ‘Return Merchandise Authorisation’, which is a part of the process of returning a Hardware Product in order to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during either;
a. the Hardware Product's warranty period;
b. or within the period specified under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
The purchaser of the product must contact the manufacturer (or distributor or retailer) to obtain authorization to return the product. The resulting RMA or RGA number must be displayed on or included in the returned product's packaging; no returns are accepted without this number.
All other words and expressions are to be given their normal English meaning taken in the context of this Warranty Statement. Any dispute as to the meaning of a word is to be settled by reference to the Oxford English Dictionary.
Any reference to a clause shall mean a clause of this Warranty Statement unless otherwise stated.
The use of headings in this Warranty Statement shall be for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Warranty Statement.
Reference to any statute or statutory provision or any other regulation includes any provision which subsequently supersedes it or re-enacts it (whether with or without modification).
This TTG Warranty gives the Customer express limited warranty rights from TTG for the duration specified on the original invoice/sales order.
1. TTG MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL AND TTG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED IN THIS WARRANTY.
2. Under this Warranty, products purchased in Australia by the Customer may be transferred to another country or region, however, the warranty will not be transferred without express permission from TTG.
3. This Warranty applies only to Hardware Products sold by TTG The term “Hardware Product" DOES NOT include any software applications, firmware, programs or non-TTG-sold products.
5. TTG guarantees that the Hardware Products that the Customer has purchased or leased from TTG are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period. The Warranty Period starts on the date of purchase or lease from TTG. The Customer’s dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase or lease of the product, is the Customer’s proof of the purchase or lease date. The Customer will be required to provide proof of purchase or lease as a condition of receiving warranty service.
6. The Customer is entitled to hardware warranty service according to the terms and conditions of this document if a repair to the Hardware Product is required within the Warranty Period.
7. TTG may repair or replace the Hardware Products:
a. with new or previously used products or parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or
b. with equivalent products to an original product that has been discontinued.
8. Replacement parts are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for thirty (30) days or, for the remainder of the Warranty Period of the Hardware Product they are replacing or in which they are installed, whichever is longer.
9. TTG will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any component or hardware product that manifests a defect in materials or workmanship during the Warranty Period. All component parts or hardware products removed under this Warranty become the property of TTG. In the unlikely event that the Customer’s Hardware Product has recurring failures, TTG, at its sole discretion, may elect to provide the Customer with:
a. a replacement unit selected by TTG that is the same or equivalent to the Customer’s Hardware Product in performance; or
b. to give the Customer a refund of the Customer’s purchase price or lease payments (less interest) instead of a replacement.
EXTENT OF WARRANTY
TTG warrants to the Customer that the products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration described on the invoice/sales order.
TTG does not warrant that the operation of any product will be uninterrupted or error free.
TTG’s limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product and does not cover any other problems, including those that arise as a result of:
1. improper maintenance or modification;
2. software, media parts or supplies not provided by TTG;
3. operation outside the product’s specifications; or
4. unauthorised modification or misuse.
If TTG receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in any product which is covered by TTG’s warranty, TTG shall either repair or replace the product, at TTG’s option.
If TTG is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product which is covered by TTG’s warranty, TTG shall, within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, refund the purchase price of the product.
TTG may choose to repair, replace or refund defective products prior to the Customer returning the defective products to TTG. However TTG will not be under any obligation to repair, replace or refund until the customer returns the defective product to TTG.
Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
TTG’s products may contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials equivalent to new in performance.
TTG’s Limited Warranty Statement is valid in any country where the covered TTG product is distributed by TTG.
Where there is a manufacturer’s warranty set out in the product documentation then the warranty will remain with the manufacturer and therefore the Customer will deal directly with the manufacturer or one of their authorised service centres. TTG accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred when the Customer deals with the manufacturer in accordance with their warranty terms.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
To the extent allowed by local law, neither TTG nor its third party suppliers makes any other warranty or condition of any kind, whether express or implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
To the extent allowed by the Law of Australia, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Statement are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies.
To the extent allowed by the law of Australia, except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty, in no event shall TTG or its third party suppliers be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, whether based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
If the customer’s hardware product fails to work as warranted above, the maximum liability of TTG under this warranty is expressly limited to the lesser of the price the customer has paid for the product or the cost of repair or replacement of any hardware components that malfunction in conditions of normal use.
Except as indicated above, in no event will TTG be liable for any damages caused by the product or the failure of the product to perform, including any lost profits or savings or special, incidental, or consequential damages. TTG is not liable for any claim made by a third party or made by a customer for a third party.
This limitation of liability applies whether damages are sought, or a claim made, under this warranty or as a tort claim (including negligence and strict product liability), a contract claim, or any other claim. This limitation of liability cannot be waived or amended by any person. This limitation of liability will be effective even if you have advised TTG or an authorised representative of TTG of the possibility of any such damages. This limitation of liability, however, will not apply to claims for personal injury.
The parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this warranty to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Australia.
ITEM SHORTAGES / DAMAGED ITEMS
In the unlikely event that TTG have short shipped any Hardware Product or the Hardware Product has arrived damaged, the Customer must inform TTG in writing by letter, fax or email.
TTG will not accept notice of Hardware Product shortages or damaged Hardware Product by telephone. If the Hardware Product is damaged on receipt and this damage is visible the Customer should always sign for the delivery as “DAMAGED” on the couriers delivery document. Once TTG has received the damaged Product Hardware into TTG’s warehouse, TTG will either issue a replacement if available or a like for like alternative.
Any notifications must be reported within 7 days of the receiving the Hardware Product by the Customer to TTG. Any notifications after this period will NOT be accept liability for damage or product shortage.
TTG does not warrant that the operation of this Hardware Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. TTG is not responsible for damage that occurs as a result of the customer’s failure to follow the instructions intended for the hardware product.
This Warranty does not apply to expendable or consumable parts and does not extend to any product from which the serial number has been removed or that has been damaged or rendered defective:
1. as a result of accident, misuse, abuse, contamination, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration or other external causes;
2. by operation outside the usage parameters stated in the user documentation that shipped with the product;
3. by software, interfacing, parts or supplies not supplied by TTG;
4. improper site preparation or maintenance;
5. virus infection;
6. loss or damage in transit; or
7. by modification or service by anyone other than
a. TTG or
b. the Customer’s own installation of end-user replaceable Manufacturer or Manufacturer-approved parts if available for your Hardware Product.
8. Hardware Products that includes a rechargeable battery TTG warrants that battery will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period, which is stated on the original invoice/sales order from the date of purchase of the Hardware Product that uses the battery. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of the battery included in the Hardware Product will decrease with time or use. The battery warranty does not cover changes in battery capacity. The Customer’s battery is only warranted from defects in materials or workmanship resulting in failure. To determine whether the Customer’s battery has had a warranted failure, the Customer may be required to run a diagnostic test. Battery life is not warranted and will vary depending on Hardware Product configuration and usage, including but not limited to product model, applications running, power management settings, and product features.
BACKING UP DATA
The customer should make periodic backup copies of the data stored on the customer’s hard drive or other storage devices as a precaution against possible failures, alteration, or loss of the data. Before returning any unit for service, be sure to back up data and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information. TTG is not responsible for damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removable storage media.TTG is not responsible for the restoration or reinstallation of any programs or data other than software installed by the manufacturer when the product is manufactured.
TTG is not responsible for any interoperability or compatibility issues that may arise when:
1. products, software, or options not supported by the Hardware Product are used
2. configurations not supported by the Hardware Product are used; or
3. parts intended for one system are installed in another system of different make or model
To the extent allowed by the laws of Australia, this warranty statement constitutes the complete and exclusive Warranty agreement between the Customer and TTG regarding the Hardware Product the Customer has purchased or leased. This Warranty Statement supersedes any prior agreements or representations—including representations made in the manufacturers sales literature or advice given to you by TTG or an agent or employee of TTG that may have been made in connection with the customer’s purchase or lease of the hardware product.
1. No change to the conditions of this Limited Warranty is valid unless it is made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of TTG.
The Warranty Period for the Hardware Product is a specified, fixed period commencing on the date of purchase and specified on the product description page. The date on your sales receipt is the date of purchase unless TTG or your reseller informs you otherwise in writing.
ADVANCED UNIT REPLACEMENT WARRANTY SERVICE
The Customer’s TTG Warranty does not include an advanced unit replacement warranty service. However, TTG, at its sole discretion, may elect to provide the Customer with Advanced Unit Replacement Warranty Services.
Under the terms of the advanced unit replacement warranty service, TTG may choose to ship a replacement unit directly to the Customer if the Hardware Product the Customer purchased is diagnosed as defective.
On receiving the replacement unit, the Customer will be required to return the defective unit back to TTG, within a defined period of fourteen (14) working days.
TTG will incur all shipping and insurance costs to return the defective unit to TTG providing the Customer has not breached this Warranty Statement. Failure to return the defective unit will result in TTG billing the customer for the replacement unit.
ON-SITE WARRANTY SERVICE
The Customer’s TTG Warranty does not include an on-site warranty service.
RETURN-TO-BASE WARRANTY SERVICE
The Customer’s TTG Warranty includes a Return-to-Base (RTB) warranty service. Under the terms of the RTB service, the customer will be required to ship the Customer’s Hardware Product to an authorised service location for warranty repair. The Customer must prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated with transportation of the product to the repair location. In addition, the customer is responsible for insuring any product the customer ships, and the customer assumes risk of loss during shipping. TTG will return the repaired product to the customer and incur all logistics and insurance costs to return the product to the customer, providing that;
1. the Customer has not breached this Limited Warranty;
2. the Customer is based within the United Kingdom; and
3. the returning Hardware product is found to be faulty within the realms of this Warranty Statement.
If the Customer’s address is outside of the United Kingdom, the Customer will incur both the costs of logistics and insurance to and from TTG.
NEXT BUSINESS DAY WARRANTY SERVICE
The Customer’s TTG Limited Warranty includes a Next Business Day (NBD) warranty service. Under the terms of the NBD service, TTG will begin to attempt diagnosing defects of the faulty Hardware Product during the hours of the NBD providing that the Hardware Product arrives no later than 4:30pm (GMT).